Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I scream....

So, we are about 3 weeks into our transition from regular grocery store eating to all natural, no preservative, organic eating. I have to be honest that when we decided to try it, I thought it would be very difficult, very expensive, and would ultimately be short lived. I was wrong. First, the food is maybe 10% more expensive than regular grocery store food, but since we’ve been figuring out before hand what we need for our meals, and not buying piles of extra snacks, our weekly shopping bill has been less. We’ve pretty much stuck to shopping at Whole Foods, and we may never switch back to regular grocery stores. They have everything you could want, and you can trust it. Lastly, and most importantly, the taste is amazing. Most of the fruits and vegetables are local and bursting with flavor. The meats are cooked in house, and are fresh. Everything just tastes better – more flavor and better flavor.




This week, I wanted to get some ice cream. I usually get Breyer’s but they didn’t have any good flavors, so I tried a new brand that I had never seen before: Alden Farms. This is THE BEST ice cream I have ever tasted. I tried Chocolate-Chocolate-Chip. I usually don’t like chocolate ice cream because it always tastes too artificial to me. This ice cream is creamy, and the chocolate chips are flakey and melt right in your mouth. If you haven’t ever tried it, look for it. If you can’t find it, ask your grocer to get it!   I can't wait to try their other flavors.  Here in California, it is $5.99 for a 1.5 pint size, which is a little bit more than the standard, but well worth it. Check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment